Amazon

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Make Your Own Essential Oil Roller Bottles - Save Some Moolah!

I love to make my own essential oil combinations, so much so my hubby calls me the Alchemist. My favorite method to apply these concoctions is to use glass roller bottles. Buying the roller bottle blends through the major essential oil companies cost over $20 a pop. I couldn't justify spending that much, so I came up with a very simple way to make them yourself for next to nothing at all!

My Preferred Glass Roller Bottles

My three favorite blends to apply via roller are the Four Thieves, Muscle Relief, and PMS Ease blends. If you read my post on My Preferred Essential Oils - Edens Garden you can find out why I prefer Edens Garden products.


 
Four Thieves



After you decide which purchased or homemade blend you will be using, you need to decide which carrier oil to use. I like to use Grapeseed oil. I order it on Amazon* since I live in an area where we unfortunately do not have lovely stores like Whole Foods and Trader Joe's.  

Next you need to collect the glass roller bottles themselves. These I also order on Amazon. It's hard to beat less than $10 for 18 bottles! After unscrewing the cap the little plastic ball top pops right off with a little finger nail action. When you receive them wash them with soapy water and air dry. 



PMS Ease

Add 12-15 drops of the essential oil into the bottle. Then using a funnel or a steady hand pour the Grapeseed oil to the top. Pop the plastic roller lid back onto the top, screw on the cap and viola! You have made your very own essential oil roller bottles. I keep my favorite blends in a waterproof zipper pouch in my purse for use on the go.


Muscle Relief

If you make a Four Thieves roller it is great to apply to the bottoms of your feet to boost immunity. I use the Muscle Relief roller at work. Being at a desk all day typing, my shoulders, lower back, and neck get tight and sore. I roll on some Muscle Relief and it helps to soothe my achy bones. The PMS Ease roller is handy for that lovely time of the month. Since I started using this blend my cramps and bloating have lessened to the point that I rarely need to take any kind of pain medicine anymore. This has pleased me greatly. I will forever use this blend, well at least until Menopause kicks in!

Please feel free to share your favorite roller bottle blends in the comments! I would love to hear from you and steal your ideas.

*I love to use Amazon's Subscribe and Save program to save even more on items that I use regularly. If you order 5 items in one month on Subscribe and Save you save an extra 15% off the total order. 

No comments:

Post a Comment